Vision , Mission & Goal
The South Sudan Nurses and Midwives Association (SSNAMA) is a dynamic organization focused on advancing the nursing and midwifery professions for the delivery of high-quality health care for the women, children and families in South Sudan.
Working towards the delivery of safe and high-quality nursing and midwifery care, standards and education through a highly motivated and strong nursing and midwifery workforce.
REDUCTION OF MATERNAL DEATHS DUE TO UNINTENDED PREGNANCY
- Build capacity of executive members in advocacy in the reduction of maternal deaths.
- Increase the demand and utilization of SRHR Services in the Health Facilities and the community.
- Advocate and work to prevent GBV and related consequences
- Create awareness on the dangers of child marriage and harmful cultural practices.
STRENGTHENING THE SOUTH SUDAN NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
- ASSOCIATION (SSNAMA)
- Work to attract Increase in number of members.
- Establishment of functional Regional offices in the state chapters.
- Training of executive board members on governance, leadership, advocacy and resource mobilization.
REGULATION OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY STANDARDS AND QUALITY OFCARE
- Advocate for the enactment of the Nurses and Midwives bill.
- Advocacy for accelerating the enactment of the bill and licensing of Nurses and Midwives.
- Ensure a Functional Nursing and Midwifery Council in South Sudan.